The use of reclaimed asphalt, or recycling, has become a necessity. Governments increasingly want the reclaimed asphalt from old roads re-used in an effort to be more environmentally friendly. Recycled asphalt (RA) also can provide you with cost savings on several fronts.
Ammann provides several options to help your recycling and cost-saving efforts. Regardless of the system you choose, modern Ammann plant technology will provide a quality recycling process and product.
There are several technologies that enable re-use of recycled asphalt for the production of fresh mix including:
- Counter-flow dryers that enable use of 100 per cent hot recycled material
- Parallel-flow dryers that can use up to 60 per cent hot recycled material
- Middle ring dryers for the use of up to 40 per cent recycled material
- Various cold addition systems for the use of 25-40 per cent recycled material
Whatever your needs, Ammann’s experience gained during the installation of hundreds of recycling systems will help you find the right solution. Retrofit options are available to start or improve your recycling efforts.
- Significant reduction of production costs due to savings from bitumen, minerals and transport costs
- Environmentally friendly because of significant reductions of the asphalt’s carbon footprint
- Supported or promoted by governments
BENEFITS OF AMMANN RECYCLING PLANTS
- 100 per cent utilisation of RA is possible
- Lower costs by re-using materials
- Gentle heating system avoids damage to RA binder
- Low emissions help protect the environment
- Plant performance and flexibility support plant operators